Thursday, July 23, 2009

Past & Future Voyages!

Alrighty then, let's get to it...

So last week the boys (and girl) and I went to the Mud Festival, apparently the largest festival in South Korea - who'd've thunk it? It was a good ol' time. So basically they ship in tons of mud/clay to this town, which gets undoubtedly 90% of its income from 2 Saturdays in July, so foreigners and natives can bathe in its splendor and walk around dirty like it's no big thing. There are super slides, a jailhouse, vanities, mud pools and super-sized tubs where you can get as little or as much mud on your person as you desire! There's also the ocean "one small step, one giant leap..." away, thank you Armstrong, to rinse away your troubles. It was a pretty sweet, gunky time. I've never seen ocean waves that big before - I was excited.
After getting cleaned up at our hotel, we went to eat seafood, what else? We had clams, oysters, and some bulgogi (steak)... don't forget the kimchi! We then wandered off and bought some WAY MANLY *~sparklers~*~!!!! Ending our legendary night, we pursued the treacherous games of the carny. After being hornswoggled to and fro, up we go... we thanked them kindly and went on our merry way.

*Some names, times and events have been altered to protect the innocent, including, but not limited to, bumblebee bats and arachnids.

Okay, so we're leaving for China tomorrow afernoon! We're traveling south through SKorea and hopping on a ferry to take us to China. So I might be in international waters on my bday! This means, according to various scholars, that I won't turn a year older, but consequently, revert back a year. It's a new law of physics... and space travel, don't question it.

I shall return 1 week from Saturday! Good luck to all... I hope I run into some Russians!

No comments:

Post a Comment