Well, I guess I'm a little behind on the updates.
Last weekend, Jonathan, Kristie, another couple, and I went to the cherry blossom festival in Yoidi (a small island) in Seoul. On the way, we saw some police decked out in their full-riot gear regalia because of a transportation protest nearby. On this warm day, I decided to bust out my red bandanna for such an occasion. Anyway, as we walked by the riot police, I noticed many of them staring at me - I presumed my foreign fashion looked silly to them... so I stared back, unbeknownst to the reason for their watchful eyes! As we got closer to the protest, I noticed that all the protesters were wearing a little special something on their heads.... YES, a red bandanna! lol I have this entire thing on video, too - the stares, the realization, the laughter.
On Easter Sunday, we went to the Yoido Full Gospel Church, the largest Christian church in the Milk Way, what-what. Jonathan, Foster (a Canadian), and I, aboot, did the cherry blossom walk again and threw the ole foosball around.
This weekend, I went to Costco and E-Mart and bought some stuff, including my first frying pan! I can now almost make spaghetti (I just need a pot to boil the noodles). I am planning on buying a convection oven soon so I will be able to bake cookies and lasagna. I also bought a dresser and other knick-knacks paddy whack give a dog a bone.
Yesterday, I also bought some draino stuff at E-Mart because the drain in my bathroom sink was slowly draining. I let it work its magic, and then when I pushed down on the "drainer-majig," the entire pipe under the sink collapse and the best smelling stuff made its debut. It was splendid. I relieved the pipes of its clog - hair and gunk basically. My next-door neighbor, who works with me, had the same problem, and she said the landlord replaced all the pipes in her bathroom, so... here's to hoping.
Oh, a Korean teacher at my school will soon be teaching me 'the language' starting in May. As of right now, I can read it, but usually have no idea what it says.
I'll post pics and videos when I have time. Such a busy bee in KO-rea. Oh, here's my cell phone number: (806) 589-0127. Since it is a Lubbock area code, it won't cost any of you Me-gooks (Americans) a thing, only me... remember I'm 14 hours ahead.
What's Been Going On
11 years ago

Cherry blossoms, protests, odd fashion - are you sure you're not in Portland?! I'm loving your blog, especially your funny outbursts (knick knack paddy whack?)! Ha!
ReplyDelete